Tropical Storm Fred – Haywood County
September 16, 2021
- 525 total FEMA Individual & Household Program claims for Haywood County
- Individual & Household Program claims approved — $399,490.75
- Housing Assistance approved —$346,028.78
- Other Needs Assistance approved — $53,461.97
- 95 people in the non-congregate shelter, 23 of which are school-age children
- FEMA teams are meeting with families at the shelters to work on transitional housing
Roads / Bridges / Property assessments
- $8.9 Million assessed damages to state-owned bridges and roads
- 103 private bridges inspected
- 6 footbridges built in Canton by NC Forest Service teams
- 21 wells & 5 septic systems reported damaged
- 25,310 cubic yards of debris removed
- Estimated $18.6 million in agricultural losses
- 3,382 volunteer hours reported
Apply for FEMA Assistance
Online — www.DisasterAssistance.gov
Phone — 1-800-621-FEMA(3362) or
1-800-462-7585 (TTY) for the hearing and speech impaired.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
App — Download the FEMA App
Types of Assistance Available
Housing assistance including:
- Rental assistance
- Lodging expense reimbursement
- Home repair
- Home replacement
- Direct housing
Other Needs Assistance:
- Personal Property
- Medical / Dental
- Child Care
- Miscellaneous Expenses
- Moving and Storage Expenses
- Clean and Removal
- Critical Needs
Small Business Help
Low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration are available to businesses and residents in North Carolina following the announcement of a Presidential disaster declaration due to the remnants of Tropical Storm Fred on Aug. 16-18, 2021.
Customer Service Representatives will be available at the BRC to answer questions about the disaster loan program and assist business owners in completing their applications. Due to the ongoing COVID19 pandemic, the SBA has established protocols to help protect the health and safety of the public. All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask.
The SBA Business Recovery Center Haywood County is set up at:
Haywood Community College, Regional High-Tech Center
112 Industrial Park Drive, Room 3021 Waynesville, NC 28786
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Closed: Saturday and Sunday
Learn more and apply — www.disasterloan.sba.gov
Farm & Ag Help
Contact Beverly Hargus and leave your name, contact info, and details of your loss.
Phone — 828-243-8360
Visit www.RecoverHaywood.com as your single source for disaster recovery information in Haywood County.