Recover and Rebuild

What to know about...


Bridge & Building Inspection

Click here for more information about damage assessment, building inspection, and temporary power.


Small Business Assistance

Resources are available for small businesses affected by Tropical Storm Fred flood damage.


  • The official partner for flood recovery monetary donations is United Way of Haywood County.
  • Donations that are not earmarked for a specific need are the most useful since they can be applied to any function.

If you have questions about making donations, please call 828-356-2022.


Legal Assistance

Legal Aid of North Carolina is offering legal assistance to survivors in Buncombe, Haywood, and Transylvania counties who were affected by Tropical Storm Fred

Disaster Legal Aid hotline  — 866- 219-5262.

Hours:  Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Extended hours on Monday and Thursday are 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.

Learn More


Insurance Help

Need help with an insurance claim or settlement?

Call the North Carolina Department of Insurance at 855-408-1212. For more information, visit Assistance or File a Complaint | NC DOI.


N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services hotline:  866-645-9403 connects farmers with resources that can assist with damage and other agricultural emergencies related to the storm.
Open 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. daily.

Or visit:

Cleanup Help

North Carolina Baptist disaster relief volunteers, working through Baptists on Mission, are helping families clean out debris and repair damage.

Learn More

Select Language - Seleccione el idioma »
Share This